TO ALL WPA AFFILIATED CLUBS
Important Sanlam Cape Town Virtual Run Safety Information
The Sanlam Cape Town Virtual Run takes place this coming Sunday, 18 October 2020.
If you are organising a run(s) for your club, please note the following:
While this is a virtual run, clubs and club members are still obligated to ensure lockdown legislations are not contravened.
Due to the nature of virtual events, no security or medical support will be in place.
Although athletes are encouraged to participate in club colours, ASA License Insurance and Public Liability Insurance will not cover members.
- Please adhere to all COVID-19 restrictions & social distancing measures.
- Runners are not allowed to run along the traditional event route, nor are they allowed to run on highways, major arterials or any other road where running is prohibited.
- Runners must please stick to their neighbourhoods and/or their regular training routes.
- Run on sidewalks – NOT in the road.
- If your members are planning on using one of the Refreshment Zones, they will be required to wear a mask. Please visit www.capetownmarathon.com for the specific rules around accessing these Refreshment Zones. Note that these Refreshment Zones are ONLY available to entered participants who are running with their Official Virtual Run App and wearing a race number.
- Please respect all city by-laws. Clubs are not allowed to have prominent official activation points with music, and you may not block driveways or access points. Please encourage your runners to be self sufficient and/or to utilise the Refreshment Zones.
- Littering is strictly prohibited.
- Encourage your runners to not run alone, and to stick to small groups or use a buddy system. Also encourage your runners to inform a fellow club member, friend or loved one of the route they will be running.
- Runners who didn’t receive a Cape Town In A Box, which included a race bib, may download and print a bib from https://www.capetownmarathon.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/CT-Marathon-race-number-v4.pdf. This is a blank “race number” on which runners can write their name, a special message, or what they are running for. Please encourage your club members to write an emergency contact number on the back.
We hope you and your members have a fun day out on 18 October. If your members missed the chance to enter, entries have been extended and will only close at midnight on 14 October.
The club with the most members entering (members must indicate their club when they enter) will receive a prime gazebo spot at the 2021 Sanlam Cape Town Virtual Marathon finish.
In addition, the three Western Cape clubs with the most entries will also get a special delivery from Peninsula Beverages and ABInBev this week:
- 1st place – 15 cases of Powerade & 12 cases of Castle Lite
- 2nd place – 10 cases of Powerade & 5 cases of Castle Lite
- 3rd place – 5 cases of Powerade & 3 cases of Castle Lite